Normally, you can just go on about your day and never even think about lower back pain or how you can develop better spinal health. However, you may be accidentally setting yourself up for a lot of pain and discomfort later on. When you are on the go and not thinking much about it, it is easy to lift the wrong way, sit for way too long or overexert yourself. These are just a few of the everyday things that can cause you to have lower back pain.
Visit North Atlanta Chiropractic Center for more information about lower back pain and how you can prevent it. A chiropractor will be able to help by teaching you corrective exercises that will make your back strong and less susceptible to common aches and pains. These kinds of exercises can even help prevent injuries to your back.
A Healthy Spine
It is important to maintain your spinal health because your spine protects the central nervous system. This system impacts nearly every aspect of your body. This means that when your spine is healthy, your overall health is better.
If you are experiencing lower back pain, a gentle chiropractic adjustment may be just what you need to get your body feeling right again so that you can get your overall health back on track.
Tips for Better Spine Health
- Watch your weight: Carrying extra body weight adds pressure on the spine. Anytime you gain weight in your midsection it will put pressure on the back. You should aim for a healthy body weight and a body mass index of between 19 and 25.
- Stay fit and active: Weak stomach and back muscles invite lower back pain. Keep your back strong by exercising your back and stomach with exercises that your chiropractor approves (or can even teach you). You can stay active by walking, biking or swimming, which will help your back to stay strong.
- Add stretching to your routine: This will make sure that muscles stay supple and don’t get tight.
- Don’t smoke, and if you do, stop: Nicotine obstructs blood flow which is detrimental to spinal health. Smoking also causes a loss of bone mass, which puts smokers at a higher risk of developing osteoporosis.
- Carry less: Reduce the weight of the tote bags and book bags that you carry. Try to use a backpack that distributes weight evenly with padded shoulder straps. If you have a heavy load, use a bag with wheels so that it can be rolled instead of carried.
- Don’t sit in one place for too long: Get up and move around, even if it is simply to stand and take a few steps in place. This will help your circulation.
- Sit correctly: Keep your back straight and try not to slouch.
- Limit activities that stress your back: These types of activities include things like raking, vacuuming, or shoveling. You should try to limit these activities to ten minutes at a time.
Should I See a Chiropractor for Low Back Pain Relief and Better Spinal Health?
If you are experiencing back pain that doesn’t go away after a day or two, or the pain is interfering with your enjoyment of your day to day life, it is time to see a chiropractor. Many people have had relief from lower back pain with chiropractic care. From adjustments to decompression therapy to Lightforce laser therapy, a chiropractic care center like North Atlanta Chiropractic Center has many tools that they can use to help you find relief and get moving again towards better spinal health, without prescription drugs, side effects or surgery.
Don’t let low back pain keep you from enjoying the activities that you love the most. Conquer back pain with great chiropractic care! Visit North Atlanta Chiropractic Center online to schedule your free consultation right away